Privacy verklaring

donderdag 1 juli 2010

New books arrived

I haven't been posting much because of the weather here.
It is so hot and the sun burns when you are outside.

My potpourri quilt top is finsihed. I have sew the border around so I can sandwich the quilt, but before I do that I want to make a photo of the top. The problem is that I can't iron the top right now because my shoulders are giving me problems because of the fibromyalgia.
So I hope to take a picture of it next week and can show you how lovely the quilttop is.

Last week I orderd the latest two books of Kathleen Tracy:
Prairie children and their quilts
and
Remembering Adelia

Her first book: American doll quilts, that I also wanted was out of print but then I read a message from her and she was saying that her publisher still have the book as a digital version (PDF). So I bought that one and printed it out myself (total of 82 pages)

So now I have her 3 books and can make some little quilts with a "antique" look

The fuchsia on the table in the garden is blooming so beautiful

I love that color and the shape of the fuchsia

I hope you enjoy the summer !

1 opmerking:

Erna zei

Mooi boeken Carin en wat een prachtige detailfoto van je fuchsia...en ja het is te warm, ik denk bij jullie in het zuiden nog erger dan hier
Liefs
Erna